Friday, December 21, 2007

The wonder and glory of a border town

Brady Lang AKA "First Mate" AKA "Number One" at the bloghelm:

Ensenada. Tijuana´s older brother: a little more mature, but still a bastion of sin and depravity molded perfectly for the American´s tastes (or tastelessness). Actually its much better then I expected here, which is to say it doesnt entirely smell like feces, and the hustlers are much less pushy then expected. Ahh and the fish tacos.... oh my god the fish tacos....
For all of those doubters and disbelievers out there (myself included), doubt no longer: two amature "sailors" can indeed pilot a teeny tiny boat over 600 miles in the open ocean in december. I truly can´t believe that we made it.

No time for blogging... WE ARE IN MEXICO

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Merry Christmas!! Or, should I say, Feliz Navidad!! You are so brave, and foolhardy, and funny, and piratical! Great writing, great pictures. Miss you lots, keep me updated...Yo Momma

Unknown said...

alhumdulilaay!
Good job guys- you made it!!
And you've got fish tacos.
What else do you need? really.
You had a vision and you made it a reality! Yup, y'all are pretty cool.

Lots of love, call for Christmas if you can:)

It dumped snow on us in Utah!
What's the weather like there?-it must be super nice:)

Krystal Mae said...

oops, I made a comment from my dad's account, but really it was Krystal mae who said those things up there!

markperez said...

Fantastic news! Such a great accomplishment. You've got stories to last a lifetime, and the journey isn't even over yet. I'm looking forward to your next write-up. Hmmmm. I wonder what it would be like to go through the Panama Canal.......Stay safe and Merry Christmas to both of you.